Since this is my first post I just wanted to say that I have so many recipes, tips, and tricks that I want to share with you! It was so hard to pick the first one, but this pizza dough is fabulous. We like to eat pizza at this house, so I make it once a week. Yes, you can make delicious pizza right in your own oven!
This recipe is not only “the best” but it is quite simple to prepare. If you have never made homemade pizza before, please, promise me that you will make this recipe. It requires a little forethought and planning, but it is so worth it.
The Best Overnight Pizza Dough
1 1/4 cups of warm water
2 teaspoons of yeast
2 Tablespoons of sugar
1 Tablespoon of honey
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
2 teaspoons of salt
1 1/2 cups of unbleached all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1. Make this dough the night before you want to bake the pizza. In a large mixing bowl ( or in a bowl of a stand mixer ), mix the water, sugar, honey, yeast, and oil. ( If using active dry yeast increase the amount to 2 3/4 teaspoons and proof in the water with the sugar and honey until foamy ) Then mix in a cup of flour and salt.
2. Continue mixing all the flour in until you have a nice soft dough. Knead for 10 minutes or 5 if using a stand mixer until soft and smooth.
3. Shape the dough into a ball and put in a greased bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
4. Three hours before baking take out of refrigerator and let come to room temperature keeping it lightly covered.
5. 60 minutes before baking move the rack to the lowest position in the oven ( not where it is touching the floor or it will burn! Move it up a notch) Place the pizza stone in oven and preheat 500 degrees.
6. When ready bake for 8-9 minutes
Yield: 1 large 16 inch pizza or 2 12 inch pizzas
Recipe source Savory seasonings