I just love cookies in bar form. Don’t you? If you have never had them then you need to try these! Delicious chocolate chips and peanut butter and peanut butter chips make these oatmeal bars over the top. They are soft and light in texture.
These bar cookies are not only delicious but easy too. All you have to do is make the dough and press it out in a pan. Cookies in bar form are so simple and you will never regret making these. They have become a family favorite and I think they will for you too!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
Note: Makes a 9×13 pan and easily doubles. I usually use 1 cup of unbleached all purpose flour and 1/2 cup of wheat flour and they still come out perfect.
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup butter softened
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
1. Preheated oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt
3. In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachmment cream the butter, sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter until creamy about 2 to 3 minutes. Add in egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix until combined
4. Stir in the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips with the peanut butter chips.
5. Press the batter into the prepare dish. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes if using a glass dish and 15 to 17 minutes if using a dark coated dish. Bake until edges are just golden. Don’t overbake! or they will be tough and dry.
Recipe Source: Taste of Home