Recently, I have acquired a cookbook that has all kind of ideas to make dinner faster and still healthy. This Greek chicken taco has come from this cookbook with some adaptions of my own, and it is something I have been making again and again
Growing up my mom would make chicken tacos alot which I always enjoyed this takes her simple recipe and makes it a bit Greek, but absolutely delicious. You will enjoy a different take on your taco night. (For those of you who don’t like the idea of a Greek taco just serve these up regular taco style but in a flatbread and I promise you still will not be disappointed.).
If you like Greek food you will enjoy these with a Mexican twist. Using a taco seasoning makes this dinner come together fast ( just one of the reasons I have made these more than once ). Why the chicken cooks make the tomato-cucumber salsa and the tzatki sauce. In no time you will have a delicious and refreshing meal.
You will want to make these Greek chicken tacos to use up that delicious flatbread you have made……this recipe here.
Greek Chicken Tacos
1 pound Chicken cubed
2 tablespoons Oil for frying
1 tablespoon taco seasoning ( I make my own toss together 2 teaspoons sea salt 2 teaspoons cumin, pinch of cayenne, 2 tablespoons chilo powder, 1 tablespoon smoked papeika, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1 tablespoon dried oregano)
Warmed flatbread for serving
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vi egar
2 large firm red tomatoes seeded and diced
1 english cucmber seeded and diced
1/2 red onion diced
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup grated cucumber
2 teaspoon redwine vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
Salt to taste
- Toss the cubed chicken with the taco seasoning
- In a 10 inch skillet warm a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the chicken until cooked through about 3 to5 minutes.
- Prepare the tomato- cucumber salsa. combine all the ingredients and toss to coat. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Prepare the tzatziki sauce. Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Add more salt or vinegar if necessary; it should taste bright and punchy. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- To serve, portion chicken on warm flatbreads. Top with feta cheese, cumber-tomato salsa and serve chilled tzatziki on the side.
Recipe Source: The Clever Cookbook