Do you ever have one of those days where you are busy but don’t seem to get anything really done? I have had a lot of days like those lately. This easy baked chicken is a lifesaver for one of those days! This meal is so easy to prepare just place both the chicken and the marinade in a dish and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes. That is it! This delicious marinade doubles as a sweet and sticky sauce. As soon as I took it out of the oven my husband said it looked delicious and I soon found out that I probably should of made a bit more.
So, if you are running around in circles taking care of your family or just rushed for time you need to make this! Who said that easy weeknight meals have to be boring and not restaurant worthy? This recipe will prove that you can make a delicious meal on few ingredients that your whole family will love.
One Pan Sticky Baked Chicken
Note: To make this an even quicker meal you can marinade the chicken and put it in the freezer to pull out for a ready-made meal on one of those busier nights. You will need to defrost it before using it. Also if you can take it out of the fridge 30 minutes before cooking to take the chill off.
4 1/2 pounds of whole chicken cut up or just the pieces of chicken you prefer
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup organic brown sugar
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
4-5 cloves of garlic, smashed
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Position oven racks to the top third portion.Preheat oven to 375 and line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add the chicken and marinade to the baking dish
- Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the chicken is done. To crisp the skin, broil for3 to 4minutes but watch very closely.
- Before serving transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Carefully pour the pan sauce into a measuring jug or gravy separator and wait for the residual fat to rise to the surface. Spoon it off and discard. If using skinless chicken you can skip this step.
- Add chicken back to pan and pour the delicious sticky sauce back on top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.