I am excited to share this recipe with you today! When trying to eat healthy and busy with little ones I don’t have that much time to bake, but when I do I enjoy making cheesecakes.
Thanksgiving calls for celebration! This cheesecake is worth all the time and effort. It can be a show stopper at your feast. It is sweetened with maple syrup and the crust has a bit of pecans! Using fresh and in season ingredients can turn a normal Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake into something extra special!
Maple Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake
Note this can be made cut into slicea and frozen to enjoy at a slice at a time if you wish. Also, to ensure a smooth top make sure to use your ingredients at room temperature and a hot water bath when baking
Nutty Gingersnap Crust
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup nuts like pecans or almonds
1 cup Graham crackers
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup maple syrup divided
1/4 cup raw cane sugar
3/4 cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 eggs, room temperature
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1. Preheat oven to 325. Place a greased 9 inch springform pan on heavy duty aluminum foil and wrap securely around pan
2. Place all seasonings of crust, nuts and Graham crackers in a food processor and process until fine crumbs.
3. In a small heatproof bowl combine butter, syrup and vanilla and melt together in microwave for about 40 seconds.
4. Pour the melted butter over the crumbs and combine in food processor. Scrap the crumbs into the springform pan. Press the crust evenly throughout.
5. Bake until golden, fragrant, crisp at the edges and dry on the surface about 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Make the filling. In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup maple syrup and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time. Beat on low just until blended.
7. In another bowl combine pumpkin spices and rest of maple syrup. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cream cheese mixture.
8. To layer pour 1 1/2 cups plain cream cheese mixture over crust and then gently spread 1 1/3 cups of pumpkin mixture on top. Repeat layers. Cut through layers with a knife to swirl. Place the springform pan into a large baking pan. Add 1 inch of hot water to larger pan to create a hot bath.
9. Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from hot bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen the sides of pan and cool 1 more hour and then refrigerate overnight.