This cheesy garlic bread is simply the best! With the melted garlic butter and all that cheese you just can not go wrong. This makes an easy side for your dinner especially if you have some French bread loaves stuffed in the freezer. I always have some of these tucked away for just this recipe!
Not only is this an easy side for a busy weeknight it is also extra special of you want to serve it to company. You can make it with mozzarella or parmesan cheese, but if you want to go all out make it with fresh mozzarella ( definitely not budget friendly ) and you will be a star in the kitchen!
I think that this is the perfect side dish recipe you have been looking for!
Cheesy Garlic Bread
1 French bread loaf ( you should try making it homemade You will never go back to store- bought )
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
5 garlic cloves minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon water
1 1/2 cup of Italian cheeses ( or slices of fresh mozzarella )
parsley ( optional )
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut the French loaf horizontally.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a small skillet and then add the garlic, salt, pepper, and water. Cook on low for 3 to 5 minutes but do not burn garlic!
- Add the garlic mixture to the rest of the softened butter and stir to combine.
- Spread the garlic butter on both sides of the loaf evenly. Place pieces back together and wrap with foil. Bale on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven to broil. Place the cheese on top and put under the broiler until cheese is melted and a bit golden.
- To cut place the cheese side down on cutting board and slice diagonally. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Recipe Source: Make It Easy