I am stopping in this afternoon to give you this delicious one pan dinner!
Having little ones that need lots of attention cause me to get a bit tired at the end of the day, but I want to make a dinner that my husband will enjoy and even my little picky eaters. This one fits the bill. I have made this countless times and it is tried and true. You will enjoy the simplicity of it and the taste. It is beyond satisfying.
I posted a recipe for a King’s Ranch Casserole that I like to make but it is a bit more time consuming. This is a simpler alternative when I am in a pinch for time. I like that this recipe uses stuff that I already have on hand in my pantry or freezer. With it being full of beans, cheese, and meat it is a delicious and hearty casserole that will feed your hungry family.
Do you need a simple meal that even your picky eaters will love? This one is it! This has become one of our favorite meals to make with ground beef. With it being full of beans, beef, cheese it is truly a delicious and hearty casserole that will feed your hungry family.
Verde Mexican Tortilla Lasagna
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 cup green salsa
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen corn
2/3 cup sour cream,
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
10 corn tortillas or flour cut into fourths
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese or cheddar
Toppings of choice- sour cream, olives and tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef with the onion and garlic, breaking up the meat as it cooks. When the meat is fully cooked, drain excess grease. Add the oregano, cumin, chili powder, and flour. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant and sizzling.
- Slowly add the chicken broth while whisking constantly and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the mixture is thickened slightly. Stir in the salsa Verde and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Add the beans, corn, sour cream, cilantro, and lime juice. stir to combine.
- Spread a layer of the tortillas on the bottom of the pan top with a 1/3 of meat mixture and layer 1/3 cheese on top. repeat the layer twice more.
- Bake the casserole for 25 minutes until hot and bubbling. Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.